3M™ Peltor™ X4 ear muffs
Our key aim is to reduce the number of noise induced hearing loss cases in the workplace through simple and innovative solutions. The development of the new 3M™ Peltor™ X Series ear muffs are our next step to fullfil this ambitious goal. Protection, Comfort and Design are the key pillars to our product development programme. The 3M™ Peltor™ X Series ear muffs are based on groundbreaking attenuation techniques never seen before for unparalleled attenuation with a stream-lined design. With our vast experience spanning over 60 years in developing innovative hearing protectors we have taken comfort, style and design to the next level in developing the attractive new 3M™ Peltor™ X Series ear muffs to meet the needs of extensive industrial application.
The new 3M™ Peltor™ X Series ear muffs offer a wide range of attenuation levels that helps meet majority of industrial application:
|3M™ Peltor™ X1 ear muffs (SNR 27 dB)
For protection against light industry noise, lawn mowing, power drilling etc.
|3M™ Peltor™ X2 ear muffs (SNR 31 dB)
For protection against moderate to high noise levels including many industrial application, roadworks, construction etc.
|3M™ Peltor™ X3 ear muffs (SNR 33 dB)
For protection against noise in forestry industry, airport, heavy engineering etc.
|3M™ Peltor™ X4 ear muffs (SNR 33 dB in a slim cup)
For use against high noise levels in a wide range of industries.
|3M™ Peltor™ X5 ear muffs (SNR 37 dB)
For use against extremely high noise environment which often requires double protection, e.g. mining, quarrying, paper mills etc.
In order to be effective, a hearing protector should be used 100% of the time in noisy environments. Even taking it off for a short time dramatically reduces its effectiveness and greatly increases risk of hearing damage.
99% usage – Just five minutes carelessness per day significantly reduces the effect of the hearing protector.
90% usage – Virtually no protection
- Protected wire head band - building on the success design of the current 3M™ Peltor™ Optime range
- Light-weight dual mould cups with maximum space inside to help minimise heat and moisture build-up
- Integrated design for more robustness
- Colour coded for ease of selection
- Electrical insulated headband
- Easy to clean
- Easy to adjust the headband
- Wire headband with constant pressure over prolonged wearing periods
- Twin headband design helps reduce heat build-up, provides good fit and balance
- Streamlined cups without compromising attenuation
- Compatible with a range of 3M eyewear and respirators (validated by internal testing)
- New smart sealing ring
The 3M™ Peltor™ X Series range of passive ear muffs are available in headband and helmet mounted version. These products are designed to provide moderate to very high level of attenuation that meets the needs of extensive range of industrial applications requiring varying degree of protection. When correctly selected and worn these products help reduce exposure to hazardous levels of noise and loud sounds.
The helmet mounted version is designed to fit a wide range of industrial safety helmets and rigid head tops featured in the 3M Powered and Supplied Air Respirator Systems.
NOTE: The headband version is electrically insulated - sometimes referred to as ‘dielectric’.
The metal components of the headband have been covered by non-conductive material for use in a low voltage electrical hazard (less than 440 V ac). As there are no applicable standards for testing ear muffs against electrical insulating properties, the product has been evaluated at an external laboratory against a modified test method based on EN397:1995. During assessment, the leakage current did not exceed 1.2mA when the external surface of the product made contact with an electrical source.
The user must determine the overall suitability of this product for the intended application taking into account any hazards other than noise for which this product is tested and CE approved.
3M™ Peltor™ X4
Historically higher attenuating ear muffs meant large and bulky cups but not anymore. The Peltor™ X4 ear muffs version can attenuate sound by as much as 33 dB whilst maintaining a sleek, low profile aesthetically pleasing design.
- Special colour coding for ease of selection.
- Extremely slim and light-weight cups provide excellent compatibility when used with other 3M personal protective equipment products.
- Fluorescent yellow-green colour ensures good visibility when working outdoor thus helping improve safety.
- New specially formulated damping pads and innovative foam contained in sealing ring provide excellent acoustic protection, particularly against sounds dominated by low frequencies.
New design brings new benefits which includes comfort and protection.
- Modern, attractive low profile design
- Twin headband design for greater balance and increased comfort
- Electrically insulated wire headband for greater and reliable protection
- Soft wide cushions helps reduce pressure around the ears and improves comfort and wearability
- New innovative damping pads and spacer that helps improve attenuation
- New patented sealing ring foam technology for effective sea and protection
- Large space inside cup helps reduce moisture and heat build-up
- Easy to replace cushions and inserts helps keep them hygienically clean
- Easy to understand attenuation symbol to help ensure correct product selection
- Helmet mounted version fits directly to many industrial safety helmets without the need of any adapter
Standard and Approval
The 3M™ Peltor™ X Range Ear Muffs have been tested against EN352-1:2002 (Headband Version) and EN352-3:2002 (Helmet Mounted Version).
These products meet the Basic Safety Requirements as laid out in Annex II of the European Community Directive 89/686/EEC, and have been examined at the design stage by Combitech AB,. Box 168, SE-73223 Arboga, Sweden. (Notified Body number 2279).
Headband and headband cover/sleeve
Stainless steel wire,
Stainless steel wire,
|PU Foam and PVC
||PU Foam and PVC